Armunity - Armenian Community Health and Wellness
ARMUNITY helps individuals and families in the Armenian community of Los Angeles find and receive quality mental health care. Made possible through a grant from the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, Armunity is developing integrated community healthcare to better serve Armenians in Glendale and surrounding areas.
The stigma associated with mental health and substance abuse in the Armenian community contributes to inadequate care and barriers to receiving support. Didi Hirsch recognizes the importance of culturally appropriate outreach and education and builds awareness in reducing the obstacles to quality health care.
Didi Hirsch ARMUNITY staff and community partners coordinate support groups, presentations, cultural events and other key services. By providing a path toward healing in a supportive environment, our staff helps individuals and families identify health, addiction and wellness issues and guides them to a healthier, happier and more productive life.
- Individual, family and couples counseling
- Substance abuse treatment (outpatient/inpatient)
- Presentations, workshops and seminars on health and wellness
- Community support groups
- Case management
- Medication management
- Access to medical doctors
- Access to chiropractors and alternative health practitioners
- Armenian NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill)
- Cultural awareness programs
- ABOUT US
- SUICIDE PREVENTION
- SUPPORT US
- CAREERS / TRAINING